Translate

Monday, December 9, 2013

Manefit Bling Bling Brightening Platinum Hydro Gel Mask Review

When a Mask is called Bling Bling, I can't help but be drawn to it. It's a girl thing. I got this one from Soko Glam for $6. Not too pricey, but definitely more expensive than Etude House, and MJCare masks.

First thing I noticed about this mask was that it came in two pieces for your face, the top and the bottom both aligned with a protective film on each side, too much?

It was a challenge to know which side was supposed to go on your face since the mask is pretty much soaked, I had to take it off twice when I realized that there was a smooth side, and a side with small bumps. The Smooth one goes on the skin if I have to say the obvious thing. 

The top part of the mask fit nicely, the nose was too long though, I cut the long part to add it to the bottom part of the mask since the bottom part of the mask was not big enough. I guess everyone in Korea had the Jaw Shaving surgery, it's not a very good fit for someone with a wide jaw. The bottom had to be pulled to both sides of the face leaving the chin area blank, which is where I placed the excess mask that I cut from the nose. 

That drama out of the way, the mask gives a nice cooling sensation on the skin. The gel is fairly sticky, I particularly enjoyed how I didn't need to keep pressing the mask on the skin the way I needed to with the cotton masks from Etude and MJCare. 

Pros:
  • Gel
  • Smoothing
  • Softening
  • No need to keep pressing it on to the skin
Cons:
  • Smells like laundry left in the water for too long
  • No instant results
  • Too much work to get the mask on 
  • Slightly sticky
  • Too big for the top, Too small for the bottom of your face

Overall the mask didn't really "Brighten" my complexion. I didn't get a "WOW" reaction from the "Bling Bling" then again, it was the first time I use it, so maybe you need to use it more than once to notice any difference? That's kind of a let down though considering all the work you need to do to get the mask on in the first place. Not sure if I'll be getting that one again.

CWKhalil

No comments:

Post a Comment