Translate

Monday, October 6, 2014

Serums, Spot Treatments, and Essence

                                               


We all have skin issues, it's normal. The key is to pinpoint the problems and treating them accordingly. As a follow up for my Instagram #7DaysOfSkinCare post (http://instagram.com/p/t0iSqdlIKy/?modal=true) here's a breakdown for each product in this picture.


1) Clinique Acne Solutions: Emergency Gel Lotion (Benzoyl Peroxide): This is for the pimples under your skin, those painful red ones that feel like an alien trying to penetrate through your face. You use it ONLY on the pimpled area. You’ll find that it will either help it surface faster, or never come out. It really depends, it’s never going to be the same result for every pimple. It also cuts down it's longevity by at least half. Just don't pick at your pimples please. 

2) Clinique Acne Solutions: Clearing Gel (Salicylic Acid): This is for the pimples that have a white head. They’ve already surfaced and need to dry before fading away. This will help them dry out. But again, use this ONLY on the active pimples, not on your whole face otherwise you’ll be peeling like a sun burnt tanner in the summer heat.

3) Estee Lauder Perfectionist: This is something I steal from my mum because if I buy it for myself then I'll develop a new obsession that I'm just not ready for, it's for wrinkle treatment. I have an OCD with the fine lines around my eyes, so I take some and use it around my crow's feet, and smile lines. I'm a firm believer in early wrinkle prevention. It's called Anti-Wrinkle care, not fix your wrinkles care. These products are not meant to fix anything, it's basic prevention.

4) Missha Time Revolution Night Repair: This is my Retinol. Estee Lauder has a similar one called Advanced Night Repair, but when I compared the ingredients this has a higher concentration of Vitamin A. It's meant to reverse sun damage, decrease fine lines, even skin tone, improve skin texture, tighten pores, and stimulate collagen production thus promoting cell turn over. BUT using this without sunscreen, and careful knowledge will age your skin, and damage it more. It's not something to be taken lightly. Don't EVER use it in the morning, like it says NIGHT REPAIR. If you can't force yourself to use sunscreen EVERY morning no matter what the weather is like then stay away from all forms of Retinol.

5) Benton's Snail Bee High Content Essence: I have a serious love love relationship with this product. I even dedicated a post just for it. It has Snail Mucin which is known for slowing down hyper pigmentation, wrinkle formation, and reduces the chances of your skin scarring when you have that one pimple that came out of no where but is super red and angry looking. It also has Bee Venom which pretty much tricks your skin into believing you've been stung by a bee, and rushes the blood right to your face producing collagen and elastin, therefore making your skin plumpy, AKA reducing lines and wrinkles. It also speeds up the healing of any acne you might have. There is EGF, also known as Epidermal Growth Factor. It's a fancy term for a cell growth simulator. And Arbutin! Arbutin is a skin lightener. Not Michael Jackson Style. It pretty much lightens your hyper pigmentation scars. And last but not least Adenosine which is an anti inflammatory.

6) Nature Republic Original Power Hydro Ampoule: This is a serum version of hyaluronic acid creams, so it's so much easier to absorb making it more likely to hydrate the skin from deep within. So when my skin is suffering from dryness this is something I turn to for a deeper moisturizing.

7) Vichy Normaderm Night: This is supposed to slow down oil production at night, and tighten the pores. So for those super oily days during the hormonal rage, this is the product for you.

8) Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus: I love this stuff! My mum says I don't need it but I have moments when I just over scrub my face, or pick at my skin in irritation and stress. As soon as my face gets red I run to this. Because if I use this at night while my skin is pissed me I wake up with skin that's happy. I can't even explain the magical sensation of rubbing this onto the skin. It's like velvet.

9) Evening Primrose Oil: This is supposed to be swallowed, but I don't do that. Instead I cut open the capsule and rub it all over my face. It's the perfect moisturizer for inflamed skin because it treats that too. Despite popular belief, oil moisturizers do not clog pores. If you're pores are clogged then you're not washing your face properly and that's that.

10) Estee Lauder Idealist: I bought this to treat my dark spots and it did absolutely nothing for me. I use it under my foundation to blur the darkness, and that's pretty much what it does, so to me it's a form of make up not skincare. My mum likes this though. So it all depends on your skin.


I believe that knowing the ingredients for your skincare is the best thing you can do for yourself because that's the only way to know if the product is right for you, or if it's not. Don't be scared to test things out either. Testing is the means for finding.

Good Luck.



CWKhalil

No comments:

Post a Comment